Ty Wilson Law Podcast
Ty Wilson Law Podcast
#180 Georgia Workers' Compensation Lawyer - What Can You Do If Your Employer is Not Filing Your Work Injury with the Insurance Company?

So what can you do if you've been injured on the job and your employer will not approve your claim or file your claim or turn your claim over to the insurance company? Hello, my name is Ty Wilson. I’m a Georgia Workers’ Compensation Attorney practicing law in the state of Georgia. 

And the short answer is if the employer is blocking you from being able to obtain or set up a claim or obtain medical care, you should reach out immediately to a Georgia Workers’ Compensation attorney and see what rights you have. 

Another option would be also to find what is called the posted Panel of Physicians. If the employer has a posted panel of physicians, oftentimes at the bottom of the panel of physicians is the contact information and the claim number for the Workers’ compensation insurance carrier. You can often try to set up the claim through them. 

I will tell you that the first thing the adjuster is going to do is they're going to reach out to the employer. And they're going to say, “Been contacted by a worker of yours and they said they're hurt what's going on?” And they're going to talk. And so if you speak with a Georgia Workers’ Compensation attorney and then retain one, they will reach out and do all of that legwork for you to set up that claim and move forward with obtaining medical care for you. Hope that information has been helpful. And we'll see you on the next video. 

Chat with us now!
Visit our Website

Call us: 912-208-2992