Ty Wilson Law Podcast
Ty Wilson Law Podcast
#167 Savannah Personal Injury Attorney | Is There A Time Limit For My Car Wreck Claim?

Website: https://www.tywilsonlaw.com/
Call us: 912-208-2992

What if I'm injured in a car wreck outside of the state of Georgia? Hello, my name is Ty Wilson. I'm the Georgia Personal injury Attorney practicing law in the state of Georgia. And our question for today is, “What happens if I'm injured out of state?” 

And the short answer is you need an attorney from the state that you've been injured in. Or if you live in Georgia and you have someone that is also licensed to practice law in that other state, well, you can certainly sign up with them and have them represent you. 

However, the short explanation is jurisdiction, which is a legal term, really determines where the case will be brought if there is an action filed or legal action file. And so if you've been injured out of state, it's always best to obtain Council who is licensed within that state. 

Can you hire someone in Georgia? Yes, people do it all the time. However, if you are required to go to trial, you will need someone licensed to practice law within that state. So it just depends upon the circumstances related to your claim. 

If you wish to hire someone initially or if you wish to hire someone in Georgia and then work with them to try to co-council or get another attorney involved, that's something that can be done as well. Hope that information has been helpful and we will see you on the next video. 

Chat with us now!